I’m not crazy, I promise. Well, I’m mostly not crazy… Anyway! I wanted to share with you my favorite recipe of all time – Banana Bread!
So, you’re probably thinking to yourself “I’m not supposed to have carbs or sugar! What is this psycho trying to do to me???”
Well, luckily, the answer is, trying to help you lose weight! So, when you hit a stall, and nothing else is working, you have to increase your calories for a bit in order to get out of the stall.
I’m talking a 2 week stall, where you’re super on point for food and exercise and the scale has hit a wall.
By adding in some carb and sugar during a stall (just for like a day or two, and then getting right back on the diet on day 3), you can actually start losing again!
But it’s super counterintuitive, and you have to be able to kick the carb and sugar again after the 2nd day. So only use this at your own skill level of self-control.
If you’re going to go crazy and eat the whole loaf in one sitting (I’m talking to you, 2015 Alicia!!!) then this trick may not be for you just yet.
Also, banana bread is a “Quick Bread” that really belongs in the cake family. As such, it should only be enjoyed in small doses, but with plenty of real butter spread on top.
-2 cups flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp soda
-1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
-5 to 7 bananas
-1 Tbsp vanilla
-1 cup sugar
-1 stick butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray loaf pan with oil or Baker’s Joy
3. Peel bananas, add to the mixing bowl. Using the paddle or a hand mixer, blend bananas until almost liquid.
4. Add eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and spice to the bowl.
5. Cream until a soft consistency forms.
6. Add baking powder and baking soda.
7. Add flour slowly to banana mixture. Combine all ingredients until a soft paste consistency forms.
8. Fill loaf pan 2/3 of the way full. You may need to use a 2nd pan.
9. Cook in the middle of the oven for 55-60 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Makes 8 servings (cut down the middle lengthwise, cut horizontally 4 times).
11. Slather with sweet cream butter. Eat on the go for breakfast with coffee.
I bet you’re going to start looking forward to those stalls now!