I just have to share my Easy Cheesy Enchilada Casserole, low carb, keto friendly comfort food recipe.
Because eating healthy should feel like a privilege. Not a life-sentence!
With this Easy Cheesy Enchilada Casserole you’ll be satisfying cravings while sticking to your plan. See, there are healthy low-carb comfort foods just waiting for you to find them.
You’re going to want to make this again and again.
Yum, let’s make some now!
There is a little bit of sugar in the Italian dressing. But don’t let it bother you. Because a little bit of simple carbs aren’t going to pull you off course as long as the complex carbs and proteins are overwhelmingly present!
Enchilada Casserole: SUBSTITUTIONS
I’ll tell you what, you can even change out the ground beef for lean turkey or sausage, and you’ll only make more variety for yourself.
If you’re a hunting family, use venison or pheasant. Any kind of dark meat would be a great substitute in this enchilada casserole low carb keto friendly meal!
If you are using game meats, though, do your tongue and tummy a favor and cook it up in a package of cream cheese. Game meats are incredibly lean, so really perfect for dieting.
They can be a bit dry, and hard to process in a gastric bypass pouch. You need to add a little bit of fats, and cream cheese is the best option to prevent dumping or food sticking (trust me, I’ve tried them all).
Buy The Stuff
Since my favorite version of this meal is made by adding Taco Bell Seasoning, I’d strongly encourage you to try it.
If you can’t find it in your local Kroger or Wal-Mart store, get it delivered by simply clicking on this link to Amazon. You’ll be excited to find you can eat to lose weight with these kinds of flavors!
Easy Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
- 9×9 Casserole
- Aluminum foil
- Baker's Joy, or other cooking spray
- 1 LB Lean ground beef
- 1 LG Onion chopped
- 2 ½ cup salsa
- 1 Pkg Taco seasoning (Taco Bell sells their seasoning in most stores, just going to put that out there…)
- 1 can black beans drained
- ¼ cup Reduced fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 can corn drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium high heat until the meat is no longer pink, and the onions are translucent; drain.
- Add the taco seasoning to the meat, and then add the salsa. Combine until the seasoning and salsa has mixed into the meat and onion.
- Add the beans, corn, dressing, and sour cream. Cook until combined, or the mixture is warm.
- Spoon a generous layer of the meat mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour tortilla on top of the cheese layer. Repeat as many layers as you like.. I do about 4.
- The last and final layer should be a healthy dose of the cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with Baker's Joy, and bake at 400°F for 25 Minutes or until hot and bubbling.Then, enjoy!
"No Excuses Chili" is my Go-To weight loss recipe when it is cold outside, or I know I'm in for a busy day.
Why Does My Shoulder hurt after gastric bypass If you've recently had gastric bypass surgery, you may be wondering why does my shoulder hurt after gastric bypass? You didn't have surgery on your...