Imitation Wendy’s Frosty for the win in times of craving.
If you’re like me, and ice cream is THE comfort food of choice, you’re going to need an alternative.
Here it is! The answer to all life’s problems. Or at least, the problem of what to eat instead of ice cream.
This recipe feels like it should be heavy, because of the cream cheese and butter. But it’s not so bad.
ESPECIALLY if you put it in the freezer and scrape it off with a spoon, like you’d do with rock solid ice cream. Keep it in the fridge, though, to keep it soft enough to actually eat.
Weirdly, it makes me feel comforted to do that weird action of scraping off the top, and eating slowly, enjoying every bite. But this time, it won’t help me along the way to morbid obesity.
IMITATION WENDY’S FROSTY: SUBSTITUTIONS
Use the sweetener of your choice in this, whatever makes you feel good and doesn’t leave the after taste of “dieting” in your mouth. Just don’t use real sugar. Otherwise, you may as well be eating real ice cream. It’s too sweet that way, anyway.
Try this with peanut butter instead of coco powder, and you’re basically making fudge. Yep! And Yum.
Get your kids hooked on this, and see how long you can go in the house without caving in and buying up any ice cream.
Get some sugar free popsicles and see if they even notice that there isn’t any ice cream at all! Train em up young and set those healthy habits early.
Perfect For Gastric Bypass Soft Food Phase
When you start craving ice cream, and rationalize that it IS a soft food, reach for this one instead.
I’m five years out, and ice cream is still a tough one for me. Though, in complete transparency, I do have a bite or two now and then.
Sometimes I get dumping syndrome, sometimes not. It’s not usually worth the gamble.
Imitation Wendy’s Frosty
- Microwave safe bowl
- 9×9 inch baking dish
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 cup cocoa powder for baking
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup powdered artificial sweetener like Stevia
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a microwavable bowl, heat the cream cheese, and butter until the butter is melted.
- Add in the sweetener and cocoa powder. Whisk together until blended and there are no clumps.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Pour fudge into a 9×9 baking dish, smooth the top, cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice into one inch squares and store in the refrigerator or freezer (I like it in the freezer because then I have to work harder to get my treat, and it helps me to eat it slower).
"No Excuses Chili" is my Go-To weight loss recipe when it is cold outside, or I know I'm in for a busy day.
Why Does My Shoulder hurt after gastric bypass If you've recently had gastric bypass surgery, you may be wondering why does my shoulder hurt after gastric bypass? You didn't have surgery on your...