No Excuses Chili: SUBSTITUTIONS
It’s such a forgiving recipe.
As I was making this for this post, I had to substitute baked beans for chili beans.
Baked beans do have sugar added. So, if you’re going ground zero on sugar on your weight loss recipes, make sure you have chili beans on hand.
My kids love it, and my husband loves it.
So, I don’t have to cook a different meal just because I’m eating healthy. I love being able to sneak healthy options into my families normal routine.
Check out this article from WebMD on safe weight loss for overweight kids. Having weight loss surgery, healthy kids is definitely at the front of my mind.
If you’re worried about having overweight kids or an overweight spouse, make this one a few times. You’ll be eating to lose weight all day long!
Hopefully, in 6 small portioned meals, 3 hours apart.
Have you seen the Easy Cheesy Enchilada Casserole weight loss recipe yet?
Eat this for lunch, and that for dinner. You’ll be tapping out, and asking “Are We Really Dieting?”
Buy The Stuff
These are what I use:
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook & Carry Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Red – SCCPVL600-R
Rubbermaid – 2063704 Rubbermaid Easy Find Vented Lids Food Storage Containers, Set of 21 (42 Pieces Total), Racer Red
No Excuses Chili
- Crockpot (at least 4 QT)
- Can Opener
- 2 15 oz cans Chili Beans
- 2 15 oz cans Kidney Beans
- 2 15 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans Diced Black Beans
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Sausage I prefer the sausage taste
- 1 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning Mix Did you know Taco Bell makes this for home?? Yum.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese
- Using the oil, brown the meat in a pan, drain the meat, if necessary.
- Add the diced onions straight to the pan. Saute until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning package directly to the meat and onion mixture. Stir until coated.
- Dump all the canned goods into a 4qt Crockpot, or larger.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours.
- Serve with ¼ cup sour cream, and ¼ shredded cheese per serving. Increase or decrease depending on your tastes.
"No Excuses Chili" is my Go-To weight loss recipe when it is cold outside, or I know I'm in for a busy day.
Why Does My Shoulder hurt after gastric bypass If you've recently had gastric bypass surgery, you may be wondering why does my shoulder hurt after gastric bypass? You didn't have surgery on your...